Tabulizer has built-in functionality to act as an advanced RSS Feed Reader. It supports the following formats:
What makes Tabulizer a unique solution when it comes to reading RSS feeds is its extensibility. You can have an unlimited number of rules, each corresponding to a separate feature, to fine tune your reader and do things like:
- Add pagination and filtering
- Highlight items that contain certain words
- Remove items that contain certain words
- Limit the number of news items, characters per description, show or hide included images, optionally strip html tags or not and so onAdd your own headers/extra rows
- Combine feeds from various sources (no limit)
- Use URL parameters to customize the RSS Feed URL.
- Choose the format of the published date or hide the published date
- Style the resulting table any way you want. No more limited styling presets.
- Make it responsive to fit well in smaller resolution screens (smart phones and tablets).
- Enable caching, so the feed is displayed faster
- Support for UTF-8 and other encodings
- Add resulting output anywhere you wish (articles, posts, pages, modules, plugins, 3rd party extensions, etc). Just add the data source tag you are ready to go.
- Developers (or anyone with limited knowledge of PHP) have the freedom to do anything they want with the use of modification functions.
These are some of the ideas. Below you will find a a sample archive that you can download and contains three rulesets:
- RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News with a generic ruleset: A sample ruleset to demonstrate the use of reading a RSS 2 feed.
- RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News with a customized ruleset: A sample ruleset to demonstrate the use of reading specifically Google News's RSS2 feed.
- RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News with Pagination and Responsive behavior: A sample ruleset to demonstrate the use of reading Google News's RSS2 feed with some extra Tabulizer features enabled.
RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News with Pagination and Responsive Scrolling
RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News
RSS2 Feed Sample - Generic
- show_images: Whether to show item images or not.
- date_prefix=date_format: The date format and the date prefix. If the date format is empty than no published date will be displayed.
- strip_html: Strip the tags from the item's description of not.
- description_max_len: The maximum number of characters that the description of a feed item can have.
|Data source title||Ruleset Title||Archive title|
|RSS2 Sample - Google News Top Stories - Generic||RSS2 Feed Sample - Generic||RSS2 Feed Sample|
|RSS2 Sample - Google News Top Stories - Customized||RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News||RSS2 Feed Sample|
|RSS2 Sample - Google News Top Stories - Customized with Pagination and Responsive Scrolling||RSS2 Feed Sample - Google News with Pagination and Responsive Scrolling||RSS2 Feed Sample|