Tabulizer has the following requirements in order to work as expected.
One of the following CSM platforms is expected to be installed and running.
- Wordpress 3.3 or newer
- Joomla 3.x
- Joomla 2.5
- Joomla 1.5
Server Side (PHP)
A recent version of PHP. Some non-default libraries (extensions) of PHP must be present otherwise part of the Tabulizer functionality may not be available. More specifically:
- MBString: This extension handles Multi-Byte Strings, which is necessary for handling text written in non-latin alphabets. Most likely it's already installed, so you don't have to do anything extra.
- Zip: When you import ruleset archives, Tabulizer unzips them using this extension. Most likely it's already installed, so you don't have to do anything extra.
- LibXML: Used by Re-Tabulizer to read properly an existing table. Most likely it's already installed, so you don't have to do anything extra.
Facebook Graph API, used by EventBlender requires PHP version 5.4 or newer. Google Calendar API requires PHP 5.3.2 or newer.
Tabulizer does not impose any limitation on how large a table should be. Nevertheless, as the table size gets larger eventually you will hit a hard limit set by the resources of your web server. More specifically, the available PHP memory can get exhausted or the maximum execution time may be reached. In such case, you will have to increase them by modifying the php.ini or by contacting your hosting provider. If this is not possible you may also consider doing some "tricks". For instance, you can export an Excel file to a CSV format and import the CVS file instead which has lower memory requirements.
Excel related limitations
- An Excel file may contain dynamic references to other Excel files or other external resources. Tabulizer when importing an Excel file cannot read these external references. A workaround is to copy-paste the (dynamic) data into a separate sheet and import the table data from there, or as a last resort to export the Excel sheet into a CSV file.
- Some graphic elements cannot be imported. As a matter of fact, they may block the whole importation process. If that is the case, should try to remove these elements or save the file into a different format, like the old 97-2003 *.xls format.
- When importing the Excel data you can choose to keep styling elements, like backgroud colors, font colors and font styling (bold, italic, strikethrough, etc). Even though over the years Tabulizer has been improved greatly on this area, there may be still some limitations.
- Charts cannot be imported. Of course, you can construct your own chart using the same Excel data and the table-to-graph conversion capabilities of Tabulizer.
Combinations of dynamic features
Some dynamic features has certain requirements. For instance, the server side processing requires that the used ruleset contains a rule to enable the pagination. Some others may require that the "&autospan" feature is not used, as it will cause the merging of neighboring empty cells which is not permitted when well defined columns for the whole is a requirement. Finally, some dynamic features don;t mix well with other features, like certain responsive patterns.